NEW YORK — New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio says the Trump administration’s travel ban targeting seven Muslim-majority countries should be “banned” in its entire scope.

De Blasio spoke Monday at a press conference in which he announced the city will hold a sit-in at the nation’s capitol on Wednesday to urge a ban on travel from Syria and Iraq, the countries with the highest number of refugees admitted since Trump’s inauguration in January.

“It is a ban, and it needs to be removed as soon as possible, and this is something that has been a big issue for the mayor of New York,” de Blasio said.

“It has become a big distraction, it has become an issue for us.

And we need to focus on other things.

It is not the time for this to continue.

It’s not the way to solve our problem.

And the president needs to do what he promised to do.

I think that this is a bad idea.”

The ban has drawn condemnation from across the political spectrum, with Democrats and the left-leaning media slamming it as a discriminatory, xenophobic and divisive move that discriminates against Muslim-Americans and places at risk the lives of American citizens.

But De Blasio said that while he opposes the executive order, the city is not going to let it become a permanent feature of the country’s immigration policies.

The mayor, who has repeatedly praised Trump during his presidency, also slammed the Republican president for taking office with a pledge to “do the right thing” and promised to implement his executive order “as soon as I am president.”

“There is no question that the president made a promise that he will do the right things for the American people,” deBlasio said.

“He will not stop working toward that promise.

He will not do it if it puts lives in danger, and so he must not allow this executive order to become a reality.”

De Blasio’s comments came as New York Mayor Bill De Blasio speaks at a news conference in New York, Monday, March 3, 2021.

The city is holding a sit in to urge the president to end the travel ban.

(AP Photo/John Minchillo)New York City is holding an extraordinary sit-ins on Wednesday, March 10, to demand that the White House end the controversial executive order that has caused widespread chaos and anger among many New Yorkers, especially in the days since the inauguration of Donald Trump.

DeBlasio and the city’s other elected officials have been pushing the White Houses request for a temporary halt on travel, which the administration has described as temporary.

But the New York mayor said he and the other mayors will remain on the ground in New Jersey and New York state until the executive orders are lifted.

DeSantis said the sit-down is a way for the city to demonstrate its commitment to the right to assembly and protest and that the city won’t relent in its demand for the president’s executive order be lifted.

“We are asking that he do what the American citizens want, to lift this executive travel ban and put this president’s policies back in place,” deSantis told reporters Monday.

“We want to make sure that our voices and the voices of our elected officials are heard.

This is not an election year, and we will not rest until the people of New Jersey, New York and all across the country are protected from the Trump agenda.”

The sit-downs were first announced by de Blasio and New Jersey Gov.

Chris Christie last month.

New Jersey state Sen. Loretta Weinberg has been leading the effort to keep the sit downs going.

On Monday, De Blasio met with governors in each of the seven states on the list and urged them to push for the executive ban to be lifted and to pass legislation that would end the ban and give states greater flexibility in how they are handling refugee admissions.

The sit in comes as the Trump Administration continues to defend the travel order on the grounds that it protects against terrorism and the U.S. constitution, arguing that the orders have been met with legal challenges and that President Trump is not bound by a Supreme Court ruling that blocked his order in January because it didn’t take into account refugees fleeing war zones.

On Sunday, a federal judge blocked Trump’s order in Hawaii, saying it violates the Constitution’s ban on religious discrimination.

The administration, however, has said it is not taking a position on the case and has said that it has been given ample notice about the court case and that its arguments against the order are unanswerable.

In the meantime, the administration is appealing the Hawaii judge’s ruling.

The city of Newark is holding its first sit-up for refugees, which was originally planned for March 10 but was rescheduled to March 13 after a meeting between de Blasio, DeSantis and Newark Mayor Ras Baraka.

The sit-ups have been called by the mayor to protest the executive action.

“I am proud of the work we have done together over the last few days

Tags: Categories: About Us